Models need to look best in their camera. To ensure this, they need a well-stocked modelling makeup kit. It really doesn’t matter if you are modelling for your enjoyment or if you are modelling professionally through modelling agencies, it can be a possibility that you yourself have to do your own hair dressing and makeup. Thus carrying your own makeup kit is more convenient.
Your modelling makeup kit should include:
- Toner (Astringent for the oily skin and freshener for the normal to dry)
- Moisturizer Liquid Matting Foundation (Or powder based foundation that can be applied dry or with a sponge)
- Contouring and highlighting powders or cream sticks Concealer (Natural tones)
- Loose transparent face powder
- Liquid eyeliner (black or brown eye pencil)
- Eyebrow pencil
- False eyelashes
- Spare false eyelash glue
- Pencil sharpener Lip pencil (Nude or skin color)
- Lipsticks and lip pencils (To match eye and cheek selections)
- Eye shadows (Brown-beige palette – “Earthy Tones”)
- Eye shimmer (Go with a pale beige – nothing crazy)
- Mascara Eyelash
- Curler Blush Brushes (2-3 for the face)
- Eye Drops (Visine – Also helpful for zits because it does “get the red out”)
- Eye Makeup Remover
- Cotton swabs (Q-Tips) and cotton balls
- Eye cream or gel (To reduce puffiness)
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, and dental floss
Please don’t be the model that buys all this stuff and then waits until your first photo shoot to try and use it. YES – lots people do that, unfortunately. Applying makeup requires a certain amount of skill and a LOT of practice if you expect to do a good job at it. If you are reading this and saying “OMG, I suck at doing my own makeup” — stop whining! There is this website called YouTube. You should check it out. There are literally thousands of awesome video tutorials that will teach you how to do your makeup. Bottom line – excellence – requires EFFORT! Your good looks are something that you can thank your parents for. If you want to be successful as a model it will require hard work.
We are from Modelling Agencies Mumbai. If you want to make a great Portfolio for a kick start in your modelling career then do contact us.